- Insurance coverage can vary greatly. Do not limit yourself to in-network providers. Do your research and find the dentist who will provide you with the best experience and treatment. Then find your best option to pay for the treatment. The health of your teeth is far too important to limit your options!
Does The Office Environment Meet Your Family's Needs?
- The dentist office can be an intimidating place for kids; the lights, new sounds and some of the machines may even seem scary. Make sure you take the time to discover if the staff and facility is kid friendly. Even toys in the waiting room are inviting for a child and may help take the nervous energy down a notch!
Does The Office Offer All The Services Your Family Needs?
- Make sure you find a dental office that meets all of your family's dental needs. Pain-free and comfort may be one family members top priority so you may want to look for a dentist who specializes in sedation dentistry. Maybe you need a cosmetic dentist for your son who chipped his tooth last week at the baseball game. Whatever your needs, be sure to do your research. Advanced Dentistry provides a full range of range of treatment options in-house - from general hygiene checkups to dental implants and cosmetic dentistry. This allows patients to receive all of their care in a single office.
Seek Out Referrals:
- Ask people you see often and trust their judgment! Family, friends, neighbors or coworkers are a great start. Make sure you are asking questions that are not simply a yes/no response. A good example would be, “In which services or dental needs do you feel that your dentist met or exceeded your expectations?” This will help you make a well-informed decision.
- Ask people you don’t know! There are a ton of online forums that you can look at reviews and see how people rate different dental offices in your community.
Check out their websites:
- Most offices who take the time and effort to create an informative website also go to great lengths to make sure each patient is cared for with just as much attention to detail. While you are on the website you can also check to see if they are certified in any specialties that may benefit your family. Also, from their site you will be able to tell if they are advancing with the times and continuing educations and certifications with new and improved services and technology.
Taking a little extra time to do some research will be well worth the effort in the long run. As always, if there are any questions you have for us please give us a call. We look forward to hearing from you!
Questions about your child's first appointment? Check out these tips! You will also receive a free coloring page!