When you walk into a Baskin Robbins the amount of flavors can be overwhelming, but fortunately, they will let you have small samples to test it out. You don’t have to commit to the whole scoop before you know if you love it or not. That’s how a dentist office should be!
If you have ever been in a dental office you have seen someone struggling with anxiety. For some people it is anxiety but for others it can actually be a phobia. Sometimes the fear can be so overwhelming it becomes difficult to breathe and can be crippling.
So you have dental insurance… why doesn’t it cover all your treatments?
When most people think of insurance they think of their medical insurance. The biggest benefit they have with this type of coverage is that medical insurance not only pays for wellness visits but its major purpose is to help defray costs when it comes to catastrophic illness or accident.Enter dental insurance.. and while medical disease can be both unpredictable and catastrophic the majority of dental aliments are preventable. Preventative care including routine check-ups
and cleanings are paramount to maintaining good oral health. If you regularly visit your dentist problems can be diagnosed early and treated without need for extensive, elaborate, or expensive procedures. That theoretically keeps the cost of dental care much lower than those of medical care.
SUPER BOWL SNACKS THAT ARE GOOD FOR YOUR TEETH
The big game requires big snacks and to keep your pearly whites healthy we have posted 3 super snacks for the super bowl that are better for your teeth
Spicy Jalapeño Dip
What’s in it:
- 1 16 oz. tub low-fat sour cream
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch (or other brand) Fiesta Dip
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and cubed
How it’s done:
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend thoroughly.
2. Serve the dip with raw vegetables such as carrots and celery.
What makes it tooth friendly:
This dip with a kick will make your veggies disappear. Raw veggies require lots of chewing which stimulates and promotes healthy gums. Carrots contain beta-carotene that your body uses to create vitamin A which works to build strong teeth. The sour cream in this dip gives your teeth a boost of Calcium which also helps to keep your teeth strong.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE CHOOSING A DENTIST
Selecting a dentist is much more than looking up an office in the yellow pages. You need to find a doctor that meets your needs especially since continuity is key in maintaining good oral health. By regularly visiting the same dentist you build a partnership that involves both key ingredients- your needs and the dentist’s commitment to your care.
- Researching a potential dentist has never been easier. The internet allows for you to research what others are saying about the dentist and their practice. Today’s review sites have methods to weed out any “canned” or planted reviews allowing you to read real patients thoughts and recommendations. If others find them to be trustworthy and competent you should as well.
- Have they furthered their education by attending continuing education courses to stay on top of the latest trends in dentistry? By staying abreast of the latest techniques you can be assured they are able to offer you the best treatment options.