When you meet someone their smile is the first thing you notice about someone just as your smile is the first thing they notice about you. Knowing that makes some people feel self conscious so they try to hide their smile which can make them seem disingenuous. Or maybe they don’t smile at all in effort to hide their teeth, but they are hiding their personality instead.
Your smile can really affect your confidence and sometimes simply whitening your teeth can give you the boost of confidence you need to land that promotion. Cosmetic dentistry is all about enhancing your smile by methods like whitening them or getting dental implants.
Many people think Cosmetic Dentistry is just tooth whitening but there is much more to it!
Cosmetic Dentistry is a general term that refers to any dental work that improves the appearance of teeth, bite and or gums by altering color, position, size, shape, alignment and changes the overall appearance of a smile.
There are several different types of Cosmetic Dentistry:
Bonding ~ Sometimes bonding may be the option for you. For this type of procedure the cosmetic dentist uses filling material the color of your tooth and sculpts it to repair a broken or chipped tooth.
- Bridges ~ A bridge can fill the gap for some missing teeth. Bridges are bonded to the teeth on either side of the gap with a false tooth called a pontic. It is attached to the bridge to replace the missing tooth or teeth.
- Crowns ~ Crowns fit over your entire tooth and can be made of different materials. With proper care and regular check ups crowns can last 20 or more years.
- Implants ~ Implants may be the perfect solution for replacing missing teeth or teeth that have deteriorated beyond saving. These teeth are placed on top of a screw that gets embedded in the jawbone and once it is placed it looks beautiful and natural.
- Orthodontics ~ Sometimes simply aligning teeth creates a beautiful natural smile. This may need to be done with braces, Invisalign or other methods. Your dentist will help you determine your best options.
- Periodontal Surgery ~ Periodontal surgery alters the gums that surround the teeth creating the perfect smile by changing the appearance of a gummy smile. Sometimes after your dentist analyses your best options he may suggest periodontal surgery prior to alignment or veneers.
- Veneers ~ These ultra thin layers of porcelain, lithium disilicate, adhere to your natural tooth creating a beautiful smile. It is a quick and painless procedure that takes 2 visits with results that can last up to 20 years with proper homecare
- Whitening ~ Tooth whitening is an option for stained teeth to whiten and brighten your teeth. There are different options for whitening products that each result in a more confident smile. Your dentist will assess the condition of your teeth and look over your dental history before recommending the best options for you.
A beautiful smile doesn’t just improve your appearance it can improve your self confidence! We love helping you boost your confidence and look forward to visiting with you to see what your best options for cosmetic dentistry are. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation!