Many people have a memory from their childhood or maybe even as a young adult, of a time they felt like they were in a dental dungeon. Stress, anxiety and fear mixed with the pain of old-school dental methods burned those memories into neurons in their brain. Those memories of pain and the fear of not knowing what was happening during the procedure will always be there, but they can be overcome.
How To Feel Great At The Dentist Office
We help patients conquer their fear and anxiety on a daily basis. We now have amazing technology and improved materials to make procedures far more comfortable. We also focus on patient education, empowering patients to make the best decisions possible for their dental health.
When visiting with your dentist be honest about your fears or hesitations. You hold the reins in your dental experience! Here are some ideas to make your dental experience a positive one:
Tell your dentist what you’d like to occur and how you want the experience to feel.
- Be open about your past dental experiences.
- Ask all the questions you need answered in order to relieve any anxiety you may have.
- Tell your dentist how your goals for your smile and dental health.
- Keep asking questions for clarity so you have a precise understanding in order to make your decision.
- Don’t procrastinate! Putting off needed dental procedures or just basic dental care will only cost you in the long run.
- Partner with your dentist and share your complete medical history in order to get the most benefits out of your experience.
- If you need to use the restroom speak up. You wouldn’t be the first and you surely won’t be the last person to need a restroom break!
- Don’t hesitate to let your dentist know if you are experiencing any discomfort.
- Let your dentist know if you need to stand up and move around. There is no reason for you to endure back pain or muscle stiffness if standing or moving around for a few minutes can relieve it!
- Keep in mind that your choices for your teeth affect the rest of your body by either enhancing your health or enhancing risk of disease.
Our ultimate goal is for everyone to have a great dental experience. We understand that you make the decisions for your dental care and we look forward in assisting you with your dental goals. We’d like to welcome you to our practice, the no lecture zone, without finger wagging or reprimanding and where we treat you like a human being. Give us a call and we will help you set up time to come visit us at our Middlesex dental office and show you what we mean when we say total-comfort dentistry!
We look forward to helping you reach your dental goals and find your powerful smile again!